October 27, 2011
Another day, another beta…
Neu 1.2b2 fixes some issues with 1.2b1, and adds some additional features.
- Added “Keep Window Centered” option.
- Fixed keyboard shortcut preferences.
- Neu now spots if the templates directory is deleted whilst it is running - it will recreate the directory and fill it with the default templates.
- Improved window and grid appearance by adding some subtle gradients.
- Grid items now have tooltips with full name of the template.
- Added userName and userFullName to substitution variables. Added some more text filters to convert MixedCaps text - useful for coding templates.
- Added an example template for an objective-c header file, which illustrates how you can modify the name of the new file to format it to suit your coding conventions.
This version has a few issues that I know about.
Due to a bug in sandboxing, when overwriting an existing document you will be asked “Do you want to replace?” but if you say OK the creation will fail. The workaround for now is simply to give the new document a different name. Neu will always default to a unique name for the file, so this shouldn’t affect many people.
Another issue is that user guide doesn’t show properly at the moment. This is actually another Sandboxing issue, but it’s probably a good thing as the user guide hasn’t been updated to reflect the changes in Neu 1.2!